Thursday, January 17, 2013

Give a Little Love

Hello Friends!

Melissa here with my first solo project as a new Twine-ista!! I'm so excited to be here today and I hope you enjoy some eye candy!

So you should know that Valentine's Day is my favorite holiday to make cards and projects for! All the pinks and reds, all the lovely dovey mushy stuff makes me happy :) And twine makes little packaging stand out!

I'll share some twine tips along the way!

Above: Cherry Red twine with a glassine bag as a gift card holder. (PS-oddly, I had awesome lightly and the "love" sentiment isn't that bring in real life.)

Twine Tip: Have a hard time using ribbon? Too bulky? Too wide? Too much? Think twine! Perfect for bows and accents.

 Above: Cherry Red twine (just the card with out a gift card).

Twine Tip: I recommend Helmar's Quick Dry 450 Adhesive for bulky twine embellishments. Or a hot glue gun. 

Above: Chocolate Chip Twine & a glassine bag for treats or a love note! 

Twine Tip: You don't have to go crazy with the twine, a little packs a punch too! Try paying attention to your embellishments that you can tie a quick piece of twine to!


 Above: Chocolate Chip Twine & a glassine bag for treats or a love note! 

Twine Tip: think wrap! You can wrap twine around anything!

 Above: the obligatory group shot!

 Cherry Red

Chocolate Chip

Thanks so much for stopping by! Have a twinetastic day!
Melissa

20 comments:

Annette Allen said...

Melissa these are adorable... Love how you did the gift card tag on the card...such a fun idea..

June Houck said...

These are super fabulous projects!!! Love them all :) Thanks for the inspiration.

jenn shurkus said...

such adorable cards!!! love them all :)

Brianna loeffelbein said...

Super adorable!! Love all three of your projects and all the embellishments :)

Timeless Twine said...

Amazing cards and Twine-tastic first post! Thanks for sharing your twine tips =)

Wendy G. said...

What fun cards! I can tell you love Valentine's Day! I also appreciated the twine tips. :-)

Virginia L. said...

SWEET cards! I love how the added twines enhance the cute designs! FABULOUS job, Melissa!

Miriam Prantner said...

Wonderful cards! I love how these turned out, especially that last one!

DebC said...

Such sweet projects Melissa!! Great use of the bags and just overall love the colors and I love the lovey dovey mushy stuff!!!
Deb C
bugjuiced
TTDT

Wida said...

Wow! You started out with a bang! Great job

Cat Craig said...

Great cards, and thanks for the twinery tips. Looking forward to more from you!

LauraJane:) said...

GREAT TIPS! Beautiful cards Melissa!

Pia said...

Wonderful project Melissa and great tips along the way! Love twine! ;)
Have a great day and congrats on your first solo project!

Amy Kolling said...

Wow Melissa! These tips are awesome! Great projects and I love the card with the clothespin/twine! Super cute!

cheiron said...

Wonderful cards and twine tips Melissa! I love the one with the cut out LOVE sentiment...fabulous!

Unknown said...

how fun. Love it. You know I'm a twine newbie so I'm excited to get twine tips. Love how you showed a little goes a long way. Great job.

~Tammy~ said...

You did awesome on your first post!!! Fantastic projects!

~amy~ said...

Way to rock the twine!!!!!!! Your projects are sweeter than sweet!

Lucy Newton said...

Melissa you rock the twine!!!

Kristy said...

Oh my gosh! These are just THE cutest!!! : )

Kristy