Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I am giving you a flower

Well today I boo boo'd and forgot my post! I never do that I am really an OCD person and I am very organized so I will beat myself up for it the rest of the day!! But no worries I have something to share with you today.

I used the new color Cape Cod because I am in love with it and my dear friend Kristy send me the best paper pad from My Minds Eye that was just made for this twine.

I would have went more all out but again reading up above you see I was not prepared!! I hope you like it any how.

I took and made some round pieces of twine and tied the knot in the end leaving a tail to grab on to it with. I used my mixture of scotch quick dry glue and some water and put them in the pool. When I picked them up (of course they screamed "I don't want to get out of the pool yet" "can we stay a bit longer" so I had to bribe them with a Popsicle. I wringed the twine out and then layed it on my teflon mat to dry. I took that time to shape them how I wanted them. Of course I did the twisty twine on my skewer. Couldn't leave out the twists! In hindsight I wish I would have done them in green to use as leaves. I always do that after a project....smack my head like if I was mad I didn't have a V8 but just mad because I always think of other things to do AFTER the fact.

So here we are!! Hope you like it!









9 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow really pretty..love that flower... great card..

Timeless Twine said...

Beautiful....I love the flower!!!!

Amy Kolling said...

Well last minute is Fabulous!!!!!!

MS said...

Love that flower! You have a LOT of patience to twist and turn the twine how you want! Gorgeous!

Miriam said...

Do you have a more in depth tutorial on how to stiffen and form the twine somewhere? Love it!

Brianna loeffelbein said...

Super cute, definatley does not look like a last minute projects this is so pretty !!

Shorty Creations said...

SO PRETTY!!!

Unknown said...

This is SO beautiful!! I love the flower and I LOVE the curly twine!!! So glad you love that pad!! ; )

Kristy

~amy~ said...

wow...love what you've done!