Tuesday, December 3, 2013

★{Peppermint Sticks & Sparkling Spun Sugar}★

When I was little, my Auntie Catherine and Uncle Jim gave me one of the best gifts I ever received...The Nutcracker Suite album. Not only was it The Nutcracker Suite, it was a dual fold album with a centerfold of magical enchantment. I was instantly transported. I also received a Nutcracker book from Auntie Catherine and Uncle Jim, the year was 1981. This book is one of my very favorites because of the illustrations. 

The funny thing is....I don't know that Auntie understands the impact this gift has had...each year much to my parents simultaneous delight and dismay...I performed the entire Nutcracker Suite in front of our fireplace hearth. I danced my wee heart out from the start of the overture to the final waltz. My Mom clapped with gusto in all the right places and my Dad doing his best to stay awake, they were amazingly wonderful parents. ❤

I was listening to The Nutcracker Suite today as I do every year, my creations today are a reflection of that. 



Here's a close up of some of the details: 



I used Cherry Red and Natural White - these and other groovy things can be found over at Bella Creationz!



Have a sweet Tuesday friends. Enjoy the magic of the season.  

9 comments:

Annette Allen said...

such a sweet post.. love your card..

Julie Odil said...

Yes, yes, yes! The Nutcracker Suite is magical! As are your creations.

~amy~ said...

SUPER fun post and FAB card:)

Anita said...

Love this.

Karen (karey2005) said...

Very sweet story. I have parents who raised me with a mixture of simultaneous delight and dismay. (What a great line!) And a great card too.

DebC said...

I love this card!
Deb C

Timeless Twine said...

Super sweet!

Brianna loeffelbein said...

Love this girl, your eye for detail is just spot on!!!

Kristy said...

Fabulous!! : ) ~ Kristy