Sunday, December 1, 2013

Gift Card Holders

Mandi, here with a cute way to give gift cards. I can't believe it is that time of the year all ready and to help you with the gift wrapping all month long the twine-istas are going to share with you fun and creative ways to jazz up packages.
Both of my holders are made out of felt, decorated with twine and odds & ends. 
The first one I and going to share with you is a little time consuming since I did the blanket stitch by hand. I created a little bag with felt and decorated until my heart was content. I covered the entire back of the doily with adhesive before I stuck it on. Then I add some glitter  and brush of the excess that didn't stick in the doily holes. For the closure I used brads and wrapped twine around them.
For a faster and just as cute holder I wrapped felt around the card and tied it with cherry red twine. I add a couple bells as an added cute factor.
Hope this help you with those pesky gift cards that we all don't want to give in a plain envelope.
Items I used Natural, Cherry Red, Olive Green twines and a doily.
Image of Natural Baker's Twine by Timeless TwineImage of Cherry Red TIMELESS TWINE™Image of Olive Green Timeless Twine™4" Paper Lace Doilies - Set of 100 - "FREE SHIPPING"
Today is a perfect time to stock up for the holiday. The sale ends tonight at  11:59 EST. 

Thanks for stopping by and be sure to stop by my blog for more close-ups.

8 comments:

Annette Allen said...

oh my word this is amazing.. very creative.

Anita said...

So cute, love it.

DebC said...

Super adorable Mandi!
Deb C

quilt4fun2 said...

Super job on your card holders. I like the brad closure and the bells. The twine really looks great with the felt.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

~amy~ said...

Love this cute gift card holder!

Timeless Twine said...

Love this Mandi! Perfect for this holidays lil' gifts =)

Brianna loeffelbein said...

What a unique and fun way to give a gift card!

Kristy said...

Awesome idea!! : ) ~ Kristy