Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Planner Tassel Fun Tutorial

Debbie here from Craftin' Chaos for Technique Tuesday. I decided I would make a planner tassel and show you how. I used Watermelon Sorbet twine. I know a video would have been better but today has been super busy so hopefully you will understand my tutorial

First I started out with 3 strands of twine and tied a knot at the end and braided it. 


I used a 6x6 paper pad to wrap the twine around. You can use a paper pad, scrap chipboard, cd case or even a video case just as long as it will make your tassel the length you want. 
Wrap the twine around quite a bit to get a full tassel. 



Pull it off the paper pad carefully



Tie some twine in the center, make sure to tie it once and then tie it again in a knot.



Then I tie my braid around it. I have done this another way before also by just sticking it through the top after I am done with the tassel which works well too. This is just a quick alternative. I think I like the other way better to be honest but this is what I did for this particular tassel. 

Gather the twine as shown below





Figure out how far down top section to be and tie a knot around it. Hold the one end down with the bottom section and take the other end and continue to wrap around the top over and over until you like the look of it. Take tweezers or something you can stick up from the bottom to grab that end piece and pull it through to hide the end. Now you can tie it on your favorite planner! 





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome tassel! :)

Unknown said...

GREAT tutorial! Easy to follow even w/o a video. :) Super cute!!

Karen (karey2005) said...

Love your tutorial! Fun fun

Ashley said...

I love, love, LOVE this tassel!!! I may have to make one for my planner.

Paper Flavour said...

hi deb, thank you for the tutorial. i think i have to try make a tassel :D

Mimi said...

Great tutorial!

Mimi said...

Great tutorial!!! I really struggle with them, but now I can make one on my own!

Mom2Two (Jenni) said...

Didn't miss the video! Great job with the tutorial! Beautiful tassel too!

Mom2Two (Jenni) said...

Didn't miss the video! Great job with the tutorial! Beautiful tassel too!

Beeceecreativity said...

great tips on making tassles