Thursday, March 26, 2015

3D Thursday - Travel Journal Mini Book

Happy Thursday, friends!!

Amber with Best Stamped Intentions here with a new pocket layout for you.

On the Timeless Twine Creative Crew, we have set challenges for each day of the month.  On each of my days, I try my very best to meet each challenge using Pocket Scrapbooking.  Well, today is 3D Thursday.

If you pocket scrapbook, you can understand why I would panic a little bit about that! :)  
Truth be told, I almost caved and created a cute little critter on my Silhouette for Easter.  BUT...then I put my big girl panties on and decided that I was going to make this work!  I enjoy a challenge.

So, I went to work.

I chose 3 4x6 themed cards from the Sn@p "Travel" collection that I had laying around just waiting for me to use and folded them in half making 6 mini book pages.  Instead of using staples to put the pages together, I took some of the super cute Timeless Twine to TIE them together!  I chose Chocolate Chip and Olive Green twine - it's darling with these cards!

Here's the full spread:


And a few pages of the mini book:




Lots of spots for journaling things that I don't necessarily want to share with the public.

Like perhaps locking my daughter in the rental car after I had put her in her car seat.  Yeah.....mother of the year moment!!  Thankfully, it wasn't hot and we were still at the rental car place and got her out quick.  Shout out to Budget rental cars!!

I also found this great little travel agenda card that I used the Bella Creationz PlanNerd stamp set to cute it up a bit.  I use these stamps on everything.  Seriously.  They're SO versatile!!!!


Until next time, friends!
xoxo, Amber

9 comments:

Karen (karey2005) said...

I love this! Way to rise to the challenge, girlie! You totally inspire.

Julie Odil said...

Such happy pages! You rocked this!

Ashley said...

What a great idea! Might have to steal this for some of my PL pages.

Paper Flavour said...

i love mini book :D thanks for the idea, amber

Mimi said...

Lots of planning went into this project! Awesome job!

Anonymous said...

Way to go on the 3d challenge, especially on a pocket layout, very clever! :)

Mom2Two (Jenni) said...

Love all your pages Amber! Such cute ideas!

Mom2Two (Jenni) said...

Love all your pages Amber! Such cute ideas!

Beeceecreativity said...

each page. each acccent is special.. great job