Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Oh Snap! A Tutorial

Greetings, fellow twine lovers!  Julie here today from Muddy Paws & Inky Fingers.  Today is "Technique Tuesday". I'm showing off what I call "the lazy crafter's guide to pom-poms".  All you need is a couple fingers.  Let me explain!
First, the finished project:
Below, is a photo box.  It holds 4-6 pictures.
Like that little pom?  Here's how I did it...
Wrap the Timeless Twine around 2 fingers.  I used Lemonade Yellow on this pom-pom. (sorry it's blurry.  I had to take the pic with my SLR and 1 hand)
 Next, take a piece of twine and fit it between your 2 fingers.  This will be used to tie off your pom.  I leave it a bit longer than I think I'll need, just in case.
Work your fingers loose, then tie your knot securely.
Cut the loops apart.
Then, all that's left is to trim everything to a similar length and give it a bit of a fluff.




Next time you need that little extra embellishment for a project, give this a try. You'll love how fast it is!

8 comments:

Cindy C. said...

So fun!!

June Houck said...

Cute tag and fun tutorial :)

Karen (karey2005) said...

Great tutorial. Live Pom poms!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Neat box, love the pompom! :)

Mom2Two (Jenni) said...

super cute pom pom!! taking that pic with the opposite hand is never an easy task!! LOL

Beeceecreativity said...

great use of Oh Snap and twine..

Unknown said...

CUTE pom!!! I will definitely be trying this one out! :)