Saturday, April 4, 2015

Sequin/Shaker Saturday - A Non-traditional Approach

Hi again, friends!

It's spring!  It's allergy season!  It's time for fun, happy colors!!

Amber with Best Stamped Intentions with you today with a sequin/shaker Saturday project.

Typical shaker cards have a little bit of bulk to them that wasn't going to work for my purposes.  If something doesn't work for what you're needing, there's no rules that say you HAVE to do it a certain way.  Be creative!!

This is how thin the card is.


I guess you could say this isn't a traditional shaker card.
(I've always been a bit of a rule breaker. ;))  

Here's the entire set that I made.



I am in {LOVE} with this 4x6 title card!  Before I put the sequins in, I tied a bow made out of Razzleberry Sorbet twine around the backer card.  I think it turned out great and it's definitely something I'll do again!

The smaller 3x4 cards:



I cut 3 smaller than the card strands of  Key Lime Sorbet twine and stapled them down on the card for some added texture.  The "Happy Spring" card is also a flat shaker and stamped with the Bella Creationz PlanNERD stamps, and the journaling card is stamped with the Oh, Snap! set.

(A slight obsession w/these stamps is happening here....)
  
This project was SO fun for me to do!  I can't wait for April to end so I can get my pics printed and get them and these cards right into my album. :)

xoxo, Amber

8 comments:

Julie Odil said...

You gotta love shakers!

Karen (karey2005) said...

How incredibly clever you are to figure out how to incorporate a shaker into your PL! I think you are the PL queen, I really do.

Mimi said...

Great idea to layer these cards! EEEK! Never thought o that!

Ashley said...

Love, love, LOVE these PL pages!!!

Beeceecreativity said...

OMG adorable. too cute .. great idea

crazyaboutcricut said...

What a totally brilliant post! LOVELOVE the colors, and how you made this for pocket scrapbooking. Totally awesome :D

Anonymous said...

These are awesome! :)

Mom2Two (Jenni) said...

AWESOMENESS!!! Love these!! Super cute!!