Sunday, March 24, 2013

Nautical hello!


Hi everyone!  It's Amy K. here with a nautical card to share!!!!

If you follow trends at all then you may know that all things 'NAUTICAL' are in.  I've had this little idea in my head to do ever since Timeless Twine by Bella Creationz came out with their Natural Twine.  Don't you just LOVE that tiny Sailor's Knot??  I DO.......a LOT!  With the current release of Neat & Tangled's On the Strip 2 stamp set, this card came together soo easy!  I actually stamped a larger striped panel and just trimmed down to size.  My sentiment is selectively inked from the set:  Just Hello.

Nautical hi!

 Now for that sailor's knot........you all know Pinterest.  The site where hours upon hours of your day can go unaccounted for?  I used a tutorial found HERE however, I've made several of these years ago for a card so you can find sources pretty much anywhere on how to make these.  For my knot, I just used 4 equal strands of Natural Twine and followed this diagram!

Source:  Martha Stewart



Well, that's it for me today, but I'd love to hear what you think about my card today because well, I kinda like it!  Have a great Sunday!



{hi!}
Stamps:  On the Strip 2, Just Hello (Neat & Tangled Stamps)
Paper:  White, Pure Poppy (PTI)
Ink:  Enchanted Evening, Pure Poppy (PTI)
Twine:  Natural (Timeless Twine by Bella Creationz)
Misc:  Foam Adhesive


6 comments:

DebC said...

Amy SO COOL! I love the card and love the knot! I would like to think I can do it but I don't know! TFS
Deb C

Annette Allen said...

Wow Amy I love how did this knot with the twine...love this card..

Timeless Twine said...

Aaaaamzing card and loooove the tutorial! I am so gonna try this today =)

Shorty Creations said...

This is awesome!!! That knot is soooo cool!

Kristy said...

Awesome!!! I LOVE the knotted twine. Perfect for the nautical theme! : )

Kristy

Brianna loeffelbein said...

Love, Love, Love this,super awesome card !!