Thursday, February 19, 2015

These Boots are Made for Walking - AGAIN

Karen N here from Craftily Yours.  It's a Throwback Thursday here at Timeless Twine!  The task is to use a project from the past and re-do it to make it better.  I went back to February 2013 on my blog and found this:


This was a card I made for my son two years ago when he was graduating from boot camp.  He is still proudly serving in the U.S. Army, and I decided to use that same stamp-set (from There She Goes) and use the general lay-out as inspiration.  Here's what I came up with:


I definitely take better pictures now!  haha  I like the re-worked version with the beautiful Timeless Twine in Cherry Red.  It seems more appropriate in red, white and blue.  Those gold and silver stars are from Bella Creationz and should be posted soon in the embellishments section.  

Thanks for going back in time with me today!  Before you go, be sure to "like" the Timeless Twine and Bella Creationz Facebook pages to keep up with all the fun inspiration by the Creative Crew.  Also, be sure to check out all of the fun goodness at the Bella Creationz Etsy Site!  

Craftily yours,

Karen



9 comments:

Timeless Twine said...

FABULOUS TBT project!!! Love it!

Mom2Two (Jenni) said...

Love this Karen! So patriotic! So thankful for men and women like your son to serve and protect! Thank you for your sacrifice! <3

Mom2Two (Jenni) said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mimi said...

Karen your card is great! Your photo is awesome! Tell me what you are doing differently. I really struggle with my photos!

Cathy
DT Sista!

DebC said...

Both cards are equally cute!! I love how you changed it up but again both I love!
Deb

Anonymous said...

Nice remake, both are great!

Unknown said...

GREAT re-do! Turned out fabulous. :)

crazyaboutcricut said...

LOVE the revamp of your card! The twine looks perfect, great job :D

Paper Flavour said...

love the result of remake!