Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Technique Tuesday - Creating Your Own Cards w/Texture

Hi friends, happy Tuesday!!

Amber with Best Stamped Intentions with a fun little tutorial that I came up with for our "Technique Tuesday" and creating your own pocket scrapbooking cards with some fun texture. :)


1.  Take some cards (color and size of your choice!)
2. and spray with any kind of color spray.  I used Heidi Swapp's Color Shine.
(I misted in the kitchen...shhhh, don't tell my husband!!)
3.  Put into embossing folder and run through whatever embossing machine you've got.


4 and 5 are the completed embossed cards.
6 was actually a happy mistake that I didn't know I was making.  One of the cards was placed differently than the other creating a de-bossed look.  Kind of fun!

After your cards are dry (I left mine out overnight!), then comes the fun part of decorating them.



I used Timeless Twine in Lemonade YellowAqua BluePurple Passion, and Bubblegum Pink to add even more dimension than the embossing made.  I also added a few sequins in (Raspberry Pink) for some added sass. :)

xoxo, Amber

11 comments:

My Happy Place by Vanessa said...

I like them😄

~Vanessa W

crazyaboutcricut said...

Wow, this is so awesome! Great tutorial, thanks so much for all the pictures too :)

DebC said...

super cute projects and great tutorial Amber
Deb

Karen (karey2005) said...

Those are super fun. I totally adore them....

Mimi said...

Beautiful idea! The texture, in my opinion always makes any project pop! Love this idea.

Julie Odil said...

Great cards, Amber! I can never remember which way the paper goes in those darn embossing folders, and then I can't decide which side I like best when it comes out!

Anonymous said...

I love using my sprays, they're so much fun to play with, great technique with the embossing!

Paper Flavour said...

wow looking at your tutorial really make me wanna try to make one. Thanks for inspiring, amber.

Beeceecreativity said...

fabulous texture and great use of twine

Timeless Twine said...

These are awesome! Great technique and I love all the diff. colors and textures!

Mom2Two (Jenni) said...

Love these Amber!! So going to do this!!