Thursday, July 18, 2013

Gorgeous Layout


Happy Thursday!
 
Melisa from Melisa's Crafty Creations here with you today.  Aren't you excited that it's almost Friday?  I am. I don't know about you but there aren't very many pages in my scrapbook just about me.  I think there should be a couple, Right?  I took this picture of myself on New Year's Eve last year.  It's my husband's favorite picture of me.  He says I'm gorgeous.  Awww!  Okay now enough of the mushy stuff.  Here is my layout.  


 
I used the Beautiful Purple Passion Twine on my layout.  I made the hearts & swirly background myself using my Cameo.  I then cut it out and added the pink polka dot paper behind it.  I used Tim Holtz' Distress Ink in Shaded Lilac to shade all around the hearts and swirl.  I did all the inking before I took it off my mat, it was a lot easier that way. 

 
The title is from the online silhouette store.  In the picture below you can see the twine looped around the heart.  After I glued the heart down I just let the twine fall the way it wanted and then glued it down. 

 
This heart is one of the hearts that was cut out of the background. 

 
I hope you like my layout.  Thanks for stopping by today!
 
Have a great day!!
 
Melisa


6 comments:

~amy~ said...

Super gorgeous Melisa! Love what you've done with the twine...awesome layout!

DebC said...

This is beautiful! You did awesome on the layout!
Deb C

Brianna loeffelbein said...

What a Beautiful layout, love your color choices!!
Brianna

MS said...

love the inking and stitching! Your kids will totally appreciate having a LO of just YOU when they are older too!

Timeless Twine said...

Gorgeous layout!!!! =)

Kristy said...

This layout is amazing!! I love how you used the twine on this! I'm gonna have to lift that! : )

Kristy