Thursday, December 4, 2014

Christmas Mason Jar...

Hi friends.... Scrappin Madge here and today I Just wanted to share a fun project that I made for my sweet friends family for Christmas.  Start thinking outside of the box when you wrap a gift.  Inside this cute little jar I put tissue paper and wrapped a gift inside.  This way they can use the Mason jar for a home decor piece.  I love the twine on this mason jar! It adds the finishing touches!!

As you can see this mason jar has been painted.  To make this jar you spray the jar with primer, then paint the jar red.  After drying take your stencils and add to jar. Paint over the stencil with the green paint. After it is dry take a piece of sandpaper and sand it to make it look more vintage. Then take distress ink and dab onto the jar adding a little brown hue to the jar. Take the fun twine and tie around the lid into a bow! Add a tag and gift and BINGO the jar is complete.

I hope that you liked my project today!! Be sure to check out my blog today The Scrappin Lounge
Be sure to pick up you Holiday Twine colors today!!!! I used Cherry Red and Olive Green

6 comments:

Timeless Twine said...

EEEK....love this lil' jar of happiness!!!!

DebC said...

Super cute jar and it would make a beautiful gift!
Deb

Karen (karey2005) said...

Everything is better with a big bow of Timeless Twine. Very pretty!

~amy~ said...

i.love.this

Mimi said...

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR! I love this! Can't wait to begin creating - that twine is awesome!

cbarwick@comcast.net

Julie Odil said...

A wonderfully creative jar of love!