Saturday, September 21, 2013

*{Gearing up to show some Love}*


Debbie from Bugjuiced here...

The anticipation of this day was just too much for me, I was so excited for this day to come. Its our Timeless Twine and Peachykeen Stamps event and today is my day and I am excited to share. This will be a long post to give you details of how I made the first card!


For my first card I did a metal tape embossing technique for my card. As soon as I selected this stamp set I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. I went to the local hardware box store and found the metal tape in the heating section where the duct work is. I also purchased some mesh drywall tape too. I cut various gears on my cameo on various overlays with different patterns on them and cut them to fit different areas of my card.  Then I adhered my "X and O" on my paper base, then randomly put the mesh tape on the base too.

Then I cut various sized pieces of the metal and adhered it down in sections. As I did each piece I burnished them down and also went around the letters etc. After it was all complete I took a stylus and went around the letters, and all the overlays and mesh tape to emphasis the shapes even more. Then went around each individual piece of tape and placed pressure down creating a little dot pattern along the seams. After I was all done I went over the entire piece with Black acrylic paint and then wiped off with a paper towel. I added more paint when needed to create the effect I wanted. Then I also took my favorite Tim Holtz distress ink in vintage photo to create a little brown tint to only a portion of the card base. I added some more gears I cut out and some burlap for more texture. I used the svg's I got from Peachykeen to cut out my sweet little Robots. I did some paper piecing on the robots too. I love these little faces. This was truly a labor of love because this was a very time consuming card but I am happy with the way it turned out.

CLICK ON PICS FOR LARGER VIEW










Items Used:

 Timeless Twines Graphite Gray Twine


 PK-173 and then I used the SVG files PK-SVG-173



This card I decided to make a Thatch hut and used the stamp to make the sides. I just made a roof shape out of a piece of paper and used glossy accents to adhere to that shape. I did the same with her skirt but I mixed in some Kraft Brown & Chocolate Brown also with the Natural. I used the Natural twine on the guitar strings too. I have a small wooden button from the store on the card as well.









I used the Peachykeen Stamps PK-1254 Rock a Hula set
Please stop by Peachykeen Stamps Blog to show some love to the Design Team!

14 comments:

Timeless Twine said...

OMG Deb...you outdid yourself!!! I looove your technique on the first card and they second card is sooo pretty!

Annette Allen said...

wow wee these are adorable.. love those little robots.. so fun Deb..

Amy Kolling said...

Love the metal detail which was perfect to go with your little robots!!! Great technique!

Brianna loeffelbein said...

You are so flipping awesome!!! I love everything about both of these cards and I am definitely going to try that metal technique one of these days it's flipping fabulous!! Great work lady, love them both to pieces!!

Shorty Creations said...

Oh my... these projects are ADORABLE! Fabulous job sweetie!!!

quilt4fun2 said...

I got some of this metal tape after seeing it for the first time...don't remember where I saw it. I did run it through an embossing folder Diamond Plate! Looked awesome but have not used it yet. I like the antiquing with the paint and using shapes in back with a stylist. Very cool card and the Peachy robots are peachy sweet. The twine of course makes it better. So clever to use twine for the thatched roof, skirt and guitar. Beautiful job.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

snappy scrappy said...

So darn adorable...love them both!!

Unknown said...

Awww how cute!! I super love the Hawaiian girl and how creative of the use of twine!:D And the Peachy couple robots are too cute!!:D

Carmen said...

Wow you did an outstanding job! Love the creative uses you found.

Kristy said...

Both of your cards are super cute. I LOVE the robot one!! : )

Kristy

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

OH MY!! I LOVE your cute robots Deb, but that beach hut has blown me away!
What a fabulous idea!! LOVE IT!
Viv (PKS DT)x

Melisa Alzammar said...

Debbie, Your robot card is absolutely the cutest. I love those little robots.

Shannon said...

You put so much love and detail into your cards!! They always turn out magnificent!!! Beautiful work my friend!! <3