Thursday, September 19, 2013

Christmas Countdown Sign





Good Morning!  

Melisa from Melisa's Crafty Creations here today.  I don't know about you but I can't believe that the holidays are just around the corner.  This year is going by way to fast for me.  I thought it would be fun to make a Count down to Christmas/Winter Break sign. I am absolutely crazy about Snowmen and have them all over my house during the holidays, so I wanted to stick with that theme.  


I bought this chalkboard from Michael's awhile ago and thought it would be perfect for my project.  I bought some paint from Michael's as well and painted it green.  I used the Cherry Red Twine for the inside of my chalkboard.  I also used the Olive Green along with the Cherry Red to hang it.  The snowman is from Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons Snow Peeps Cutting File.   


I used the Snow Faces 1 1/4" for my Snowman's face.  


I have a card to share with you too.  The scalloped circles are from Pretty Paper, Pretty Ribbons Scalloped Circles Cutting Files.  The watermelon is from PPPR's Watermelon Cutting Files.  The face is from The Cornies Face Assortment.  The twine is Cherry Red from Timeless Twine.  


The sentiment is from the Veggie Sentiments ONE stamp set.  


The Face is from The Cornies Face Assortment.


Thanks for stopping by today.  Don't forget to stop by Peachy Keen's Blog to see what their fabulous Design Team made.  



17 comments:

Saundra said...

These are both wonderful! I love the countdown chalkboard! ~Hugs, Saundra PKS DT

DebC said...

Melisa these are both adorable! I love the chalkboard its a great idea. That cornies set i have and its one of my favorite sets! Great job
Deb C

snappy scrappy said...

Super cute, love them both!

Amy Kolling said...

Oh the chalkboard is such a cute idea!!!

Annette Allen said...

such a fun idea.. love it

Kristy said...

Love, love, love both of your projects. So adorably cute! : )

Kristy

MS said...

that chalkboard is so cute, love the buttons. And the watermelon, yummy!

Brianna loeffelbein said...

What fun and awesome projects!! That countdown chalkboard is to flipping cute for words and your card just makes me smile!!

Timeless Twine said...

How fun are these? Love the chalkboard count down sign and the shape of the cards is fabulous!

Shorty Creations said...

These projects are super fun! BTW... I think snowmen are the BEST type of men ;)

Rose said...

i love your cute count down board and fun watermelon card :)

Unknown said...

Both your projects do you credit Melisa! The chalk board is a cracking idea and your snowman is perfect. Using that holiday twine to hang it and border it, is just the ticket! Your watermelon card is a hoot! So much fun and the Cornie face is perfect!
Hugs
Viv (PK DT)

~amy~ said...

So very fun, love the altered chalkboard and your shaped card is adorable!

quilt4fun2 said...

I like snowmen too to decorate for winter because they are not just Christmas but snow & winter. Great job on your chalk board! The shape card is sweet...The Peachy face and twine bow are wonderful.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Unknown said...

HAHA! This is so cute!!:D:D Love the chalkboard and christmas snowman!!:D

Unknown said...

Two smashing projects Melisa! Love that countdown board and the melon looks good enough to slurp on!
Viv PKS DT x

Shannon said...

You are so clever sometimes with the way you approach a project! I love both of these! You did such a great job Melisa! <3