Monday, September 23, 2013

Timeless Twine + Peachy Keen Stamps = bee happy


Happy Monday!

It's Amy T here with a fun project combining Timeless Twine and Peachy Keen Stamps!


I used Timeless Twine's



I combined it with Peachy Keen Stamps:



and



How fun is that sentiment with that SWEET bee?!


I layered a strip of washi tape and Timeless Twine Lemonade Yellow.  I colored the cute bee and paper pieced her onto the card base.

My next card was an experiment of upcycling.  That hexagon embossed piece is actually an upcycled cereal box.  The raised parts are lighter than the other parts of that panel. I ended up stamping another bee on a separate piece of cereal box and fussy cut another face to lay on top of the original one so her face is 'smooth'.


My Bee Happy card was inspired by the latest cardabilities sketch.


A big shout out to Peachy Keen Stamps for letting us play with their cute images!

25 comments:

Lynnda said...

Both cards are supa cute Amy!!!! Love them .... hugs...x

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

These are sooooooooooo cute cute cute! LOVING the bees!!!!

Tracey McNeely said...

Amy both of your cards are so super sweet! Love the bee!

Janice said...

Cute cards, love yellow.

Brianna loeffelbein said...

Amy your cards are as sweet as honey :) just love all the elements you incorporated!!

Annette Allen said...

too cute..

Juliana Michaels 17turtles said...

This are so cute! Love the pinwheel and little bees!!!

Saundra said...

Your cards are so cute! I love the bee sentiments! So fun! ~Hugs, Saundra PKS DT

Unknown said...

ADORABLE! Super sweet cards...makes me smile, even on a Monday!

Kristy said...

Awww this is adorable!! : )

Kristy

DebC said...

Love these! I love bee things...on paper NOT flying around ha ha
Deb C

Rose said...

adorable!!!
and so glad you played along with us on cardabilities :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

Super cute cards, Amy!!! I love that little bee image!!! And I love the design for these cards- fab as always <3

Sylvia said...

Two gorgeous cards, Amy, love the colors! I got my twine and used it for my first Halloween treats, will be posting soon! Love it and the fast delivery! Have a beautiful Tuesday! We got rain Friday...just like I have been wanting all summer, now if it will just extend into fall!

Kelly Griglione said...

Good use of a cereal box, here! Fun color combo, Amy.

Unknown said...

Two fab cards so fresh and fun Amy!
Viv (PK DT)x

Macarena said...

Sweet as honey :-) And so optimistic! Thanks for playing with us at Cardabilities this time! Can't wait to see your cards in the next challenge...
Hugs, Marzena

Timeless Twine said...

These are soooo bee-autiful!!!!

Zuza G said...

So sunny and bright! It reminds me of hot summer full of buzzing bees... Nice work! Thanks for playing with us on Cardabilities! Hope to see you soon!

Melisa Alzammar said...

Beautiful cards Amy. I love that little bee. He is just too cute. :)

Shannon said...

That card is adorable!!! So very sweet!!! Beautiful card!!!!!! <3

Shorty Creations said...

Login' those bees! So cute :)

irinaje said...

Beautiful card!!! Thanks for playing along with us at Cardabilities!!!

Amy Kolling said...

These are just adorable"!!! I love that you used a cereal box!!!

quilt4fun2 said...

Sweet job on your Bee-utiful creations! I like that you just added a smooth bee face and the pinwheel looks so pretty with the yellow twine. Great cards.
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com