Saturday, August 30, 2014

Guest Designer Saturday - Teacher Thank You Box

 Janis, of Pause Dream Enjoy has been guest designing each Saturday the whole month of August and I hope you have enjoyed seeing all her amazing projects as much as I have.  I am blessed to have chosen such talent to me a part of the Timeless Twine team this whole month.  Thank you Janis for taking the time to create and share your projects with us!

 Here is her super fun and cute project for this Sat.  Not only can you use it for paper clips you can use it for treats or other lil' trinkets.  

Happy Saturday Everyone!

I have a fun 3D School themed project

to show you today using Timeless Twine Watermelon Sorbet. Shop HERE.
 

For this box, I did NOT add a clear window piece over the apple cut out. I left it open so that the teacher could slip her fingers through the apple to grab a paperclip or two.
For the sentiment tab, I stretched the size to fit the box width and also extended it's height. By extending the tab height, I was able to stamp my sentiment then score a line to fold the bottom of the tab. I inserted this folded part into the box top allowing the sentiment tab to stand straight up behind the box.
I also cut an extra piece to insert into the box bottom for a flat surface for the paperclips to rest on. Without that extra piece, the box folds had paperclips sliding under them.
Thanks for stopping by today.

:) Janis

6 comments:

Timeless Twine said...

Super cute! Love this 3D creation and the colors are so fun! Thank you Janis for guesting for us this month! xoxo

Julie Odil said...

Great minds think alike! I just made this same box and gave it away as a teacher gift yesterday. Love the twine!

DebC said...

Janis we have loved having you with us this month. You have done an awesome job and we have loved seeing all your creations! This one is adorable!
Deb

Karen (karey2005) said...

How adorable! What a great idea to keep teacher organized! I have really LoVeD all of your projects this month!

Rose said...

cute!!! perfect gift for a teacher :)

Ruthie @ SeptemberNinth said...

This is such a cute idea Janis!