Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Sketti please!


Hey There!! Debbie from Bugjuiced here!

I am so excited to show this project!! It just popped into my head one night that I wanted to make a shadowbox for my kitchen. I love these fat chefs (I can relate to the big guys....ahemm.....me likey to eat!)

I created this chef myself in Silhouette Design Studio....I love this program! I knew exactly what I wanted to do with it. I used the Timeless Twine's "Natural" colored twine for my "Sketti" and then I knotted up the "Cherry Red" to make some-a-meat aballs!! I put a couple strings of speghetti and balls on the page to add a little to the page. I used some really nice Momenta Metals in the corner.

I used a checkered pattern from the Silhouette Studio since I didn't have any checkered paper. I had some really cute spoon, fork and knives charms so I added them to the "Bob's kitchen" tag.

I put Bob's kitchen on the tag as a joke because everything I make I show my hubby and I always say do you think Its ok, do you think I should add something and he always says well you could put "BOB" something or other on it here or there so to make him feel good before I showed it to him I put that tag on it.

He was quite happy. Its the little things right! ha ha he is a character. I can't wait to make something to add his fishing pictures to. While we were on vacation he took up fishing and he had a lot of fun. I am not saying that the vodka cranberry cocktails he had didn't enhance the adventure but it was so fun to watch him and he always does goofy poses for me as I am snapping his pic. Quite the ham he is.

I purchased this shadowbox (well it was a tshirt display thinga doohickey) it was $9.99 but I had a 40% off coupon but when I got to the checkout it rang up $4.99 so then with 40% off it was a deal right!

I curled my twine as I had told you how to do in a previous post. These probably aren't the best photos its really hard to photograph something with glass on it. I took the first one before i put it in the box.

I hope you like it!!





9 comments:

Arlene said...

Love the spaghetti and meatballs. Marvelous and fun!

Timeless Twine said...

Fabulous Debbie! You are amazing!

Jennifer Jackson said...

This is so cool! I love what you did!

quilt4fun2 said...

Great deal on the box frame...always good when that happens. Rotini and meatballs...very clever and cute!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Cindy C. said...

It's so adorable!! You're so clever to use twine to make the meat balls and spaghetti!

Brianna loeffelbein said...

You are so flipping fabulous Debbie!! I Just LOVE this, it could maybe use a little more "BOB" though lol!!! That is so funny!! This is just amazing!!
Brianna

Annette Allen said...

you are so awesome Deb.. I love this and that spaghetti is so FUN... love it

MJ's Kraze said...

Love it. Now I am hungry.

~amy~ said...

Super fun!!!!