Thursday, May 16, 2013

Cover it with twine!

Hello Twine-tastic Friends!

Melissa here with a CAS (clean and simple) twine banner!


I love banners and pennants and I always seem drawn to the stamps and die cuts that include those shapes. I thought it would be fun to make my own and let the twine shine on the card!

With a heavy embellishment like this banner, I thought it would be best to keep the rest of the card CAS.

So easy to do--cut a banner piece, run it through a Xyron (or cover it in adhesive, wet or dry, but for this I wanted dry) and start adding the twine! Make sure you have some seriously good fabric scissor to trim the edges too!

A quick iphone pic:



I love this color, Firecracker!

Image of  "Firecracker" Aqua Cherry & White Timeless Twine™

We have a fun monthly challenge going on right now! We'd love for you to play with us!


Thanks for stopping by! Have a twine-tastic day!
Melissa

10 comments:

ScrappyRae10 said...

Love the card! The technique is great. Thanks for the step by step!!

Steph
scrappyrae10.blogspot.com

June Houck said...

Melissa, you have some of the most creative uses for twine! Another inspiring card :)

Timeless Twine said...

Looove it! Perfect way to showcase twine!

~amy~ said...

Oh my Sweet Mother of Pearl...I LOVE this!

Annette Allen said...

Melissa this is so awesome.. I love how you did this.. clever idea.. i love it

Kerry said...

Totally awesome, gorgeous!

DebC said...

Great job!!
Deb C

Unknown said...

Super heart this card!:D Creative take!

Brianna loeffelbein said...

look at all that twine, this is just fantastic!!
Brianna

quilt4fun2 said...

Firecracker is a good one! I like how the sentiment stands out. Wonderful job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com