Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Sweet Birthday

Hi Twineaholics!

It's Kathy, from Kathy and Kids, here today to share with you a sweet Birthday card that I made along with a simple way to use some yummy twine colors to add the perfect finishing touch.

Here is my card.



Details:
Patterned paper is from DCWV Glitter stack
Stamped image is "Coquettes Lolli" by Simply Betty Stamps, colored with Prismacolor pencils and odorless minerals spirits
Sentiment is from the Pink By Design "Say It Sweet" sentiment set
Image and sentiment are cut out using a Spellbinders label
Timeless Twine in Lemonade Yellow, Raspberry Pink, and Olive Green

To highlight my stamped image, I took 3 colors of twine and braided them. I then used some quick drying paper glue to adhere it to the edge a little bit at a time. I like to use quick drying glue for this so I don't have to worry about holding the twine in place.

I hope this inspires you to combine your favorite colors!

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Timeless Twine said...

I LOVE IT!!!! Super cute! The colors are so eye catching =D What kind of glue did you use?

Annette Allen said...

wow love how you used the twine Kathy...so awesome..

GabyCreates.com said...

Great technique and card! Love the braid!