Tuesday, January 13, 2015

"Love" Valentine's Card

Hi everyone, Maria here from Maria Lina's Creative Designs, I'm glad to share with you my first DT post of the year. First, I must say I'm so happy to be a new Design Team member for Bella Creationz & Timeless Twine and I love the group I will be working with throughout this coming year.

For today's project, I couldn't help but want to make a Valentine's shaker card, I never made a shaker card before not to mention, the use of sequins... where have I been, right? I have to say I so enjoyed it, what fun I've been missing.

As silly as it might be, I did try to give the illusion of the arrow piercing through the heart and releasing all of the sequins as though it were the blood. I used "Bubblegum Pink" twine and several colors of sequins "Metallic Poppy Pink", "Metallic Plum Purple" and "White Frost". I cut the heart from SVG Cuts kit "For My Valentine", the word Love is from SVG Cutting Files "Love Ewe" and the arrow is from my SCAL 3 library.

Until the next time, please enjoy...






Feel free to visit my blog and Happy Crafting!!!

8 comments:

DebC said...

This is so beautiful Maria!
Deb

Julie Odil said...

I love shaker cards! And sequins! You've nade 2 fun discoveries on one card. Very pretty!

Amy C. said...

Very pretty! The sequin colors are awesome!

Paper Flavour said...

wow, what a nice idea Maria! :D

Karen (karey2005) said...

Pretty in pink! Love the shaker and the fun drops of sequins down the side!!

Unknown said...

love the shaker card!! you rocked it, girl!! :)

Mimi said...

You used the colors and everything I loved on this card! Sequins, pink twine and you made a shaker!!!

Cathy
2015 Creative Crew

crazyaboutcricut said...

Oooo, I love shaker cards, and this one is beautiful! Great job :)

Jenny ~ 2015 Creative Crew