Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Dr. Seuss' Birthday/Read Across America Challenge!!!

March 2nd will be Dr. Seuss' Birthday.
He would have been "108" this year.
It is also the day the NEA kicks off  "Read Across America"
I don't know about you, but I love reading
all of the Dr. Seuss books to my kiddos!

Check out Seussville for more fun Dr. Seuss activities!

So to celebrate both, this month's challenge will
be so fun!  Get your creative Cat in the Hat on and let 
the fun begin!!!

To start it off, check out what some of
out Design Team Members made.














Now for the details:

Theme: Dr. Seuss' Birthday / Read Across America

Colors: Aqua, Red & White

Shapes: Not so perfect...kinda like in the books (uneven lines, lopsided squares, etc.)

Embellishments: Timeless Twine of course =D  (If you haven't had a chance to purchase Timeless Twine yet, you may substitute with embroidery floss


Text: A Dr. Seuss quote.

BONUS:  Bling (glitter, rhinestones, etc.)

Project must be new.

Deadline for challenge entries will be February 26, 2012

One lucky Twineaholic will win 1 spool of Aqua Blue Timeless Twine.
You never know maybe I will have two winnners.
Good Luck.

Link up your project below.  




9 comments:

Rosie said...

amazing projects!!!!

i think i will try to make something, i keep seeing my daughters book in our living room

rosiemini@gmail.com
www.scraplovingminis.blogspot.com

Michelle said...

very cute projects by the DT !!! too bad I dont have any dr.s cuts ...mmm

GiGi said...

Thank you so much for the super fun challenge! It brought back some wonderful memories. The DT did an amazing job on their projects!

marg0006 said...

I just loved this challenge. I had such a ball making the card I also made a tag that you could see at my blog.

marg0006@verizon.net

Cyndi S said...

This was a very fun challenge. My son is a senior this year so that is where I came up with the graduation idea. It also goes with Read Across America, without reading we are no where. Thanks so much for the great challenge.
cstephenson at q dot com

Shorty Creations said...

The DT rocked this challenge! I had a lot of fun making this card. Thanks again =)

lots of love,
www.shortycreations.com

Aman said...

Thank you for the great challenge! I had a lot of fun making this layout.

amanbains 1 at gmail dot com

Sukie said...

This was an awesome challenge, it really challenged me to get out of the box and incorporate all of the fun elements you requested!

scrappindhilly at gmail dot com
www.scrappindhilly.blogspot.com

Cyndi S said...

I was just wondering who was the lucky winner of this challenge? Sorry if I missed it.
cstephenson at q dot com