Friday, August 17, 2012

Basket Weave Card

Hi Everybody!
Jenny from Crazy About Cricut here, and I'm excited to be sharing another design team project with you :O)  All my kids are in school or napping, so I actually have a couple of hours to play during the day!  So I decided to try a weaving technique using the best twine :)  Here are the details:

*Jaded Blossom - Feeling Fruity stamp set (sentiment)
*Preserves Cricut cartridge - strawberries
*Doodlecharms Cricut cartridge - basket
*My Mind's Eye, Stampin' Up! - patterned paper
*Recollections - brown cardstock


*To create the weaving on the basket, I first ran a strip of adhesive down.
*Then I took a few strands of Kraft twine at a time and created rows.
*Next I ran another strip of adhesive parallel to the other.
*I took a few strands of Chocolate Chip twine at a time, and weaved them through the Kraft twine going over, under, over, under, etc.




 *For the strawberries, I put adhesive on both sides of the cut and wrapped some Cherry Red twine around it.
*I used Olive Green twine for the "stems".


I hope you liked my project :O) Make sure you come back to check out more amazing twine inspired projects from the design team! And don't forget to check out the Timeless Twine August challenge HERE. TFL, and have a twine-tastic day!
 
 

9 comments:

Timeless Twine said...

OMG....this is too flippin' cute Jenny! LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!!

Tiggerscraps said...

WOW!!! That is the cutest Idea I've ever seen!! What a great job and super auper creative

Annette Allen said...

wow wee this is totally amazing and i love it...great job..

Unknown said...

That is so cute! Great use of twine.

DebC said...

WOW Jenny this is totally amazing and such a CLEVER idea!! I love it!!
Hugs,
Deb C
bugjuiced

Karen (karey2005) said...

This is so stinkin' cute! Love the basket - great idea!

KAT said...

i'm going to 'try' this. how flippin cute! what a great way to add twine/texture...

Ren-Yi said...

Absolutely fantastic! Most of all that basket weave! Amazing!

Anonymous said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! What an amazing idea Jenny! LOL all I can say is wow! Love it :)
Hugs, Kassidy