Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Happy {watercolor} Bird

Hello, and happy Wednesday, crafty friends.  Julie here today from Muddy Paws & Inky Fingers.  I have been so excited, just waiting to share this project with you today.  I had so much fun creating it!  I seem to be my happiest when playing with watercolors, ink, and of course, twine!
This month, we are working with the theme, Fly into Fall, and this adorable picture and color scheme:
One of our projects this month has to be something other than a card.  Using the inspiration from this picture, here's what I created:


This happy little bird was created with a  Unity Stamp of the Week, "Wishing you Happiness".  I used Tim Holtz Distress Markers and a water brush to achieve this look. I cut the oval shape out with a Spellbinders die.  The box was cut out on my Cricut, using the Close To My Heart Cricut Artiste Collection.  The designer paper is from  Close To My Heart.  The finishing touches are all those beautiful colors of twine wrapped together and tied in a big bow.

I used all 5 colors of Timeless Twine shown in the picture above on this box:

Make sure to visit the Timeless Twine blog each day for lots of great inspiration and ideas.
She really is a happy little bird, isn't she?

3 comments:

DebC said...

Julie this is adorable! You did a beautiful job
Deb

Karen (karey2005) said...

Love that bird! So bright and fun!

Rose said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE :)