Saturday, February 28, 2015

Shaker Clip for your planner

Debbie here from Craftin' Chaos and today is "Shaker Saturday" and since I have recently gotten into planners I wanted to combine my love of making paperclips with my design team project so a shaker clip was born!

I created the owl file in my silhouette program from scratch. Believe it or not my first run of this worked as far as sizing and everything! I used some clear acetate and cut two circles of it one for the first layer and then I cut multiple layers of the paper to create a raised area for the sequins to sit in cause I was not going to attempt pop dots or foam tape. Then I used another circle of acetate to seal it up and another layer for the back. I love this little clip! The sequins move around great, although I would prefer to use a smaller sequin in this size it still shakes even though it is a small space.

The colors are a fushia pink and a really pretty turquoise color. I used the Raspberry Pink to create a fun tassel to tie onto my planner and a mix of sequins. Some are not in the shop yet (stars etc) but you can find a bunch of mixes Stacy has in the store and more to come!

I didn't actually stamp anything in my planner because the month we are on is Green in my planner and so it just didn't go with the colors I have here so I just moved to a page in my planner that looked good with my tassel and clip. But check out Bella Creationz planner stamps in the shop!












8 comments:

Karen (karey2005) said...

Seriously adorable! Loooooove that owl!!

Mimi said...

This is the cutest clip ever! Well I also loved Minnie with her glasses :)

Julie Odil said...

That owl clip rocks!

Anonymous said...

The shaker Owl is just the cutest thing ever, love it! :)

crazyaboutcricut said...

This is definitely a must have! Amazing job!!

Unknown said...

oh for the love of CUTE! these are adorable!!!!!

Mom2Two (Jenni) said...

I've said it everywhere but here, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS GUY!! Going to attempt one myself!

Beeceecreativity said...

the owl shaker clip is too cute.. great project