Sunday, August 2, 2015

planNERD Sunday: Hello There August!

Hello there! Sophie here and I'm back to share with you my monthly page in my planner. August is one exciting month here is Singapore, as a celebrate the nation's 50th year of independence on 9 August. Given that it is our Jubilee year, I thought it would work beautifully to work with loads of gold and silver for this month's pages.

 
To form the word "Aug", I thought it would be fun to cut up some reinforcement stickers and use them as scallops. I quite like the effect, especially after outlining it with a grey pen. I also added a crochet heart embellishment, which I made using natural twine.
 

I took the liberty to add some Cape Cod bakers twine, as well as sprinkle on star sequins to complete the entire celebratory effect. I can't emphasize how much I love the planNERD 2 and Weekend plans stamp sets, both of which made filling up my boxes so much fun.


Finally, with red being Singapore's representative color, I used some red reinforcement stickers as labels to mark the period during which we will be enjoying a long weekend. Nothing like having a product that serves dual purposes!

Thanks for joining me today. Here's to a wonderful August!  

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 







4 comments:

Amber (Best Stamped Intentions) said...

I love how you always come up with fun ways of doing letters. :) Great job!

Karen (karey2005) said...

Fun planner page. Love that heart!

DebC said...

How creative the way you did the month! Great job
Deb

Maria Calderone said...

So creative and fun! :)