Monday, July 27, 2015

Have a Bloomin' Good Time this Summer!

Hello there! Sophie here and how's your Summer been so far? Here in Singapore, where the season varies from hot, hotter or can't get any hotter, we have been having a dry spell and the readings on the thermometer have never been higher!
The best way to take my mind off the heat is to sip a mug of chilled honey lime drink and get down to creating some sizzling fun project. So here's my blooms filled card for this season:

I played with some lemonade distress inks for the background and embellished to my heart's content with those flowers that were colored with alcohol inks. Each bloom is embellished by simply winding twine around them, before topping them with a button.
I completed the card by stamping a greeting using the ever versatile Hello Summer stamp set and sprinkled on some sequins. I hope you have some fun creating this Summer, while enjoying the season as well! Links to the products I used are as follows:



Karen (karey2005) said...

SUCH a pretty card!

Timeless Twine said...

Beautiful card Sophie! Love the bling and twine wrapped flowers! I can soooo relate to the hot, hotter, and can't get hotter!

Amber (Best Stamped Intentions) said...

Gorgeous!! I LOVE the colors!!

DebC said...

So pretty the colors are fab

Maria Calderone said...

Love how you did the shadowing and the technique on the flowers! :)