Monday, May 25, 2015

Monochromatic Monday: Orange Crush!

Hello there everyone! Sophie here and orange ranks as one of my favorite colors (though I really think rainbow is my all time fav=))

So I thought it would be fun to use it as my predominant color for the monochromatic challenge today.



I used the polaroid picture frame stamp from the "Oh Snap!" stamp set to create a background and I love how graphic the result is. To add interest to the background, I decided to stamp some of the picture frames on a darker orange cardstock before adhering them to the card. This adds dimension and interest to the card. Similarly, I also added smaller squares of a different tone to the background.

Once that is done, I had a ball embellishing the card with a huge bloom from Maya Road, an orange gift tag that I matted against black cardstock for some contrast. The greeting "Happy" was stamped using stamps from the Happy Days Stamp Set. For a final touch, I sprinkled on some orange toned sequins from the Clearly Beautiful Sequins pack.

Thank you for joining me today. Hope you will try your hands at some monochromatic fun too!







Gift Tags - Multi-Colored - Set of 40

 




7 comments:

Maria Calderone said...

Clever use of the stamps, nice card! :)

Karen (karey2005) said...

Super pretty! Love that flower!

Julie Odil said...

Great background you created! Love all the shades of orange, and that flower is super cool!

Mom2Two (Jenni) said...

love everything about this one!!! great use of the stamp set and love how you turned the frames around every which way!!

Bev Code said...

super cool.. love the bright colours and the flower is awesome

Amber (Best Stamped Intentions) said...

love the color! great project.

Padni Johan said...

hi sophie, nice mix match color combo!