Thursday, April 16, 2015

3D Thursday: Macrame Plant Hanger

Hello there on this lovely Thursday! This is Sophie and I'm creating a 3D project today. I love how versatile twine is and it lends so well to creating this macramé plant hanger:



I used watermelon sorbet and razzleberry sorbet twine for this project. I searched online for instructions on how to tie those knots (there are so many out there!) and love how these tiny paper cups by Bella Creationz are the perfect size to create a pot for this project.


For the flower pot itself, I wrapped the side with a piece of patterned paper before filling it with loads of gorgeous paper blooms from my stash.



Because I wanted a fuller tassel at the bottom, I created one separately and attached that to the bottom of the pot and my mini macramé pot hanger is completed. I think this makes a lovely gift or just a little something to add some color to a corner.

I hope you are inspired to do a little knot tying today! The products I used are linked below:






  

7 comments:

DebC said...

Very creative!!
Deb

Julie Odil said...

This is so clever! Love the look!

Karen (karey2005) said...

Wowzers, how fun is this!

Maria Calderone said...

What a cute way to use the cups, love it! :)

Giorgia Rossini said...

Thank you so much for your visit and sweet comments :)

Mom2Two (Jenni) said...

super cute and springy!! Love all the beautiful colors!!

James Harvon said...

My wife loves to garden. Usign a macrame pot hangers would mix her gardening and interior design hobbies together. I'm certain that something like this would really get her excited. http://www.macramemagic.com/Basic-Macrame-Plant-Hangers