Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Cross Stitching with Twine

Salutations everyone! Sophie here today to share with you how I cross stitched on my layout using twine.

See those five hearts on this page? They were created using the following simple steps before I adhered them to the page.



Step 1: Cut out a square in your size of choice (I used 9 x 9 cm). Create a grid pattern and punch out the points of intersection.

Step 2: Paint your background with water color, should you like an additional pop of color.

Step 3: Cross stitch your heart pattern through the holes of the grid. For an additional touch, I also stitched around each square. In order to get bolder lines on each heart, I used double stands of twine.

And that's it! Your cross-stitched heart is ready for you to use on a card or page! I used Chic Tag's patterned papers and embellishments for this layout and loads of the following fun Timeless Twine:

 
 
 
 
Have loads of fun cross stitching on your page!

10 comments:

Karen (karey2005) said...

Super fun and clever. TFS!

DebC said...

This is just beautiful...you ALWAYS deliver on awesome!
Deb

Julie Odil said...

This is fantastic!

Timeless Twine said...

Amazing Technique Tuesday project! I love it!

Maria Calderone said...

This is an AWESOME technique, I love how it all came together, so pretty and FUN! :)

Mimi said...

Wowsers!!! Now that being creative!

Padni Johan said...

Love it, sophie ������

Amber (Best Stamped Intentions) said...

Great technique!! I love it!!

Mom2Two (Jenni) said...

such an awesome job!!! I wish I would have remembered to color my background on my project......but there is always a next time!

crazyaboutcricut said...

Ooooooo, thank you for the great tutorial, and AMAZING project!!