Saturday, January 17, 2015

Sound of Music



Salutations everyone! I'm Sophie and I usually blog at Cut & Paste. I am thrilled to be here this year and here's a layout I created for my first post:



My daughter loves music and has loads of fun attending music lessons. To complement the photo I took of her at the end of one of her lessons, I used Tuxedo Black bakers twine to create a chevron background on a piece of polka dot black card stock. Each pointed end of the chevron was held in place with an eyelet. I thought a large treble cleft would be the perfect embellishment for this page, so I hand cut one. Sprinkle on some star sequins and adhere an arrow to help lead the eye to the photo and tadah! A layout with a one of a kind background is completed!

I hope you have fun creating your own unique layout background using twine as well. Here are the products I used for this project:







8 comments:

Amber (Best Stamped Intentions) said...

love the layering on this!! so cute!

Maria Calderone said...

What an awesome layout, very creative! :)

Julie Odil said...

This is wonderful! Love those stitched chevrons! I can't believe you hand cut that treble clef sign?! Did you use a template? Awesome!

Karen (karey2005) said...

Wow! Loooooooove the background. Such a cool lay-out!

Timeless Twine said...

Love this LO and how you made the twine chevron background!

Padni Johan said...

What a wow way to play with twines, Sophie! Thanks for inspiring :)

Colortypes Sophie said...

I printed out a treble cleft, traced around it to get the shape Julie=)

crazyaboutcricut said...

Holy smokes, this is AMAZING!! Wow, fantastic job on the details, and a perfect layout :)

Jenny ~ Timeless Twine DT